This FREE outdoor pickleball membership is valid for the remainder of 2020. We understand that these courts are a quick, temporary solution to make sure you can get outdoors and PLAY PICKLEBALL! We hope to have "real" outdoor courts prioritized as a future capital project in the park. Thank you for being patient with us...in the meantime, PLAY ON!
After completing membership registration, you will find the link to sign up for play times on your receipt. All players who sign up for a time slot will be required to have a membership. This is to ensure your safety for contact tracing purposes as well as fairness as we grow pickleball interest.
Please consider making a PICKLEBALL DONATION HERE to support the growth of this sport in Pawling. All donations will be allocated for this specific purpose and prioritize Pickleball in Pawling. We hope to get back on track with our REAL outdoor court project!
All players must:
- Use their own equipment and hand sanitizer
- Bring your own chair and place 6' apart from others
Please ensure you adhere to the following:
- Stay home if you are sick
- Stay home if you have been around anyone else sick
- Practice proper hand washing
- Limit shared equipment
- Maintain a social distance
- Masks must be worn if you cannot properly social distance
- Avoid face touching, hand shakes, high fives
- Avoid touching high touch surfaces
THERE WILL A PORTABLE RESTROOM ON SITE. THE TOWN OF PAWLING IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING OR CLEANING OF THOSE FACILITIES. AN OUTSIDE COMPANY WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR WEEKLY MAINTENANCE.
LEVELS OF PLAY EXPLAINED:
- Beginner – new player with basic understanding of game and rules – can hit ball back and forth a bit – Knows how to serve but hasn’t played too many games -needs practice and game experience – basic knowledge of scoring
- Advanced Beginner - Beginner skills plus can sustain short rallies but not at a fast pace -can make basic strokes as forehand, backhand and volley – but favors forehand – understands court positioning but needs to be reminded to move up to net – does not favor competitive play
- Intermediate – Advanced beginner skills plus quickly approaches non-volley zones – perform dinks, lobs and volleys – knowledgeable of third drop shot – strong knowledge of rules, scoring and the game – consistent control and placement of shots- able to return fast-paced shots – aware of their partner’s position on court and move/work more as a team
- Advanced – Intermediate skills plus can anticipates opponents shots – can play aggressively at non-volley-zone – improved control and placement of shots – able to do deep serves – uses dink and drop shot successfully – good footwork and positioning - limits their own forced errors – exhibits patience